Hope

Hope

Saturday, June 9, 2012

There is an Art Class in My Near Future!

I am pushing myself artistically and socially.  This afternoon I signed up for a mixed media art class.  It is about 30 minutes from home and will be well worth my time and money I think. 

It is a four week class but for the same money the artist said she would teach me individually and we could do it all in a four hour afternoon.  Yay!!!

Since I work out of my home I am home a lot.  I don't get out as much as I could because of the depression and I am working on that.  The art class is one way for me to get myself out and about.

Just for fun...here is a photo I took of some of my yard art.  Bunnies in the sun.  Summer is definitely here! 



Is there a way you can push yourself that will help you take a step toward healing and away from depression?  Keep taking one step at a time.

And when depressed...apply wet paint!  Or take photos.

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful to explore in a mixed media class! I can't wait to see what you create!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait Carolyn. Thanks for stopping by : )
      Lynn

      Delete
  2. I am into mixed media these days, too. My latest project is making paper. I haven't actually started yet, but the process looks as if it will enthrall me. I can't wait to hear what you learn in class!

    I have depression also. Right now my therapist says I am in remission. For the most part, I think he is right. :~)

    I'm glad I came to visit today from Creative Every Day! To see my post, visit here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie. Glad to hear your depression has relented. Mine is hopefully on its way out and I'm glad you came to visit today too. I'll check out your post.
      Lynn

      Delete
  3. Four hours of mixed-media sounds delightful!!
    Have a wonderful time!!
    And what good advice for all...to take one step at a time. :)
    All the best,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Mary. It was a blast...and yes...one step at t time is about all I can handle!
      Lynn

      Delete